Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Verbal Medication

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan
If the second best NBA player since the 80's (behind only Magic) has a concept of necessary failures, why shouldn't you.
It is much easier to offer this advice than it is to put into practice. I have recently grasped the concept of necessary failure and now better understand how to use this to achieve success. During the last two years I have matured in leaps and bounds. I have grown much more than the calendar reveals. Life's lessons are often more significant than any other type. I've been told "Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain." This quote may provoke different reactions for each of us. Whatever your reaction, keep it in mind. The next time you contemplate quiting, go back to that reaction...remember what you vowed to do next time...now DO IT.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this quote from a 90's Nike commercial. I'm glad you posted it; I needed to read this now. My life is currently chaotic and this quote helps to put things in perspective. I'll holla.

    ReplyDelete