Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mama's Boy - Good thing or bad?

I'm going to act as if I didn't disappear for several months (I need you to play along). Let's just say if I did actually disappear (which I'm not admitting to doing) it was necessary for me to move forward. Now that I've gotten that out of the way...

Understanding that most of my readers are female, I have a few questions to ask. Is dating a "Mama's Boy" good or bad? Does it matter to you? Do you feel the relationship a man has with his mom is indicative of how he'll treat you? Am I reading too much into this? As you may already know, most of my close friends are female. Because of this, I have already heard several responses to these questions.

I am extremely close to my mother. In the past I have been called a Mama's Boy. I never viewed this as an insult. Should I have?

1 comment:

  1. Dating a mama's boy generally creates more confusion than any other emotion. When a fully developed man chooses his mother over his relationship on a regular basis, it causes the woman in his life to question her value in his life. Most men love their mothers. That is to be expected, but once the man commits to his woman, will he have the ability to make her his priority? Sometimes mama's boys cant, and that is where the problems begin. Mama generally does not want to share her son anyway, so it is up to him to gently, and with love, let his mother know that his relationship is important to him. When he cannot. The relationship is usually doomed. If he can cut the apron strings, then his woman may be fortunate enough to have him show her the love and devotion that he has for his mother. And this does not diminish his love for his mother at all.

    ReplyDelete