Wednesday, May 6, 2009

HYPHEN

Have you ever been surprised by how you looked in a photo
Were you ever shocked by your voice on a message
Do you ever question who you are
One of the hardest questions I’ve ever been asked was
“What will my dash represent?”
Yeah, that dash between the year you’re born & the year you die
Wow, kind of tough to answer (right?)
Well, pictures always surprise me & my voice always shocks me
I guess I am still learning who I am
I’ve been told I’m cute; but I’ve also been rejected
I’ve been told I’m funny; but not everyone laughs with me
Many have said I’m smart; but I’ve never averaged a 4.0
Can I be a role model if I too seek one
Can my dash represent unanswered questions?
Organized confusion? Utter chaos?
Damn, maybe it represents –




Okay, so now you know how I came up with the name My Hyphen (for the Blog & poem). I hope you enjoyed my poem. Please share your thoughts/comments with me. I'll share more with you in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry so much about what your dash represents. Just try to live your life God's way and your light will shine. Don't dwell on how others view you because that will make you afraid to show the real you, because you will be so worried about what others think.

    ReplyDelete